Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
picture from google

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Collapse Into Now

       REM has done it again; they've created a new addiction for me. I can't get enough of this CD, although I should probably give my brother his back and go buy my own. The masterpiece was released on March 7, 2011. The songs are as follows:
1. Discoverer
2. All the Best
3. Uberlin
4. Oh My Heart
5. It Happened Today
6. Every Day is Yours to Win
7. Mine Smell Like Honey
8. Walk it Back
9. Alligator_Aviator_Autopilot_Antimatter
10. That Someone is You
11. Me, Marlon Brando, Marlon Brando and I
12. Blue
The album was recorded in four cities; Berlin, Nashville, New Orleans, and Portland. It features Patti Smith, Eddie Vedder, Peaches, Lenny Kaye, and Joel Gibb.  The feel of it is very light and soulful with some really catchy lyrics and music. I love REM to begin with and this whole album reminds me of "World Leader Pretend" by them. A really nice mellow CD to check out if you're into alternative. If you like heavier stuff check out Accelerate and you won't be disappointed. It's not metal but it's pretty intense. That's right folks, REM is back in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITh-XIikgI&feature=channel_video_title

No comments:

Post a Comment