Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
picture from google

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Freaks!

    Have you ever felt weird, or out of place? Have you ever wondered if something was wrong with you because you didn't fit in?
    Don't. Don't hide yourself to match someone else's standards. As Dr. Seuss would say, "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." I can guarantee you will find someone who will like you. They may not go to your school, or work with you, or even live in your hometown. But there are people for you. I'm not one of the "popular" kids but I have a lot of friends. You don't have to buy things from a certain place to be "cool". You are already cool, you're just cool to certain people.
   I'm sick of hearing people calling others weird or strange because they have different interests. Who handed you a mallet and made you supreme ruler? Who gave you the right to scorn that which you don't understand? Take a look at yourself, and how stupid you look pointing the finger of scorn at someone. Who is cooler, the person who can accept people for who they are or the person can only accept people who buy and like the "right" things?
   Learn to love, and forget hate. Love yourself, and love others as a whole. There may be people who bother you, people who aren't like you. You may not understand them. They could be a nice wonderful person, but if they like Star Trek they're a freak? Hardly. Quit hiding your obsessions, we all know you have some. I'll admit, I'm obsessed with Japanese culture, the language, everything. I love it. I find it absolutely fascinating and invigorating. When I was in middle school, I was one of those "freak kids" until about the end of seventh grade. I made five friends that would change my life forever. They were like me, they were weird. Still are.
   In high school I made even more friends with the same "weird" interests as me. As it would turn out, I'm not so weird after all. There are quite a few people that share my interests and Japanese culture has a huge following in the States, especially anime. In fact, they hold conventions for weird people like me. Crazy huh? Thousands of weirdos all in one vicinity. Suppose you went there and you weren't interested in anime or Japan. Then who's weird? The tables have turned. The point is, either no one is weird or everyone is. Embrace it. You're weird, but you've got weird friends awaiting you. Wonderful weird friends who'll let you be who you want to be. Suddenly, life isn't quite so bad anymore, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment