Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
picture from google

Thursday, March 3, 2011

“It’s So Fluffy, I’m Gonna Die!”—Warning! Spoiler Alert!


I think it’s high time I did a movie review.  I finally saw Despicable Me and it was everything it was cracked up to be and more. It’s got its own mascots (the Minions), the cutest animated little girl of all time (Agnes), and a villain who learns a life lesson. What’s not to love? Not to mention the hilarity of the whole thing. The plot is simple, but well done. It keeps the whole family laughing. The only thing I have to wonder is how many little kids like it. I would guess quite a few, but I know most of the adults and teenagers I know adore the movie. It’s cute, funny, and something everyone can like.
I think the reason it’s so enjoyable is because of the zaniness but also the serious undertone. It’s a really sweet and sad movie in some ways, because despite the fact that the three girls make you laugh you can’t help but want them to have a great home. Gru yearns for his mother to be proud of him. Vector wants to be somebody cool. And you actually can’t steal the moon.
The cast was pretty impressive for a kid’s movie. Steve Caroll, Jason Segel, and Russell Brand are the three main adult characters. Steve Caroll does well for kid’s movies, but I don’t like the Office much. Jason Segel plays Marshall, my favorite character from How I Met Your Mother and Russell Brand is hilarious. Elsie Fisher is adorable in real life as well as when she plays Agnes. Dana Gaier and Miranda Cosgrove did well too.
The minions are probably the best part of Despicable Me, however. They are adorable and carry the most gags throughout the film. Everyone adores the minions and wishes they had their own. The minions act as Gru’s workers and lead a sort of office like job and life. Gru knows them personally, and calls them by name.  They don’t seem to leave his house much, but will do so in disguise.
A great movie for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment